The mature organization is one whose operations have stabilized; has consciously developed a clear strategy for further growth and is now looking to move to the next level of business performance. Such organizations has a culture to develop their internal capability as a means to move towards business excellence by fostering a spirit of continual improvement amongst its employees. In the long term the organization expects its culture would be transformed to learning and continually improving entity.
We offer a comprehensive long term solution for such clients who are firmly committed to the KANZEN path and would like to make it an integral way of life.
Our three pronged customized approach
- Focuses on achieving the articulated business goals defining the next level of performance
- Whilst enabling the employees to learn key concepts and implement relevant tools and techniques
- And thereby spread the culture of continual improvement by engaging all levels.
The program is developed around a theme that is based on the business goals and strategy; and able to catch the attention; create excitement among the employees by focusing on three critical dimensions.
- Customer Focused Process – Internal and External – Delivery
- Consistency while being dynamic in adopting and adapting changes – Consistent product & service while raising the bar regularly
- Complete comfort and delight of all stake holder – Employees, Investors, Business Associates, Government and Society
The entire movement is built on tangible themes like Position in the Industry, Best in class processes and practices, Quality Excellence, Delivery Reliability, Cost reduction, Productivity improvement, Workplace Improvement, etc., To sustain the movement and to get into the culture – KIAP enables the organizations to challenge prestigious awards which will provide challenge to the teams and motivate them – giving medium term results in the form of Business Transformations.
The key stages of this business transformation program can be represented as below:
Discuss business goals with the top management and develop theme. Walk through the process and assess the current state vis a vis the goals defined. Draw up a detailed implementation schedule including the activities to be done, people involvement and consultant engagement. We generally work with the senior managers including business heads, functional heads and corporate teams at this stage.
Focused Improvement Workshops
The workshops set the tone for inculcating the spirit of continual improvement by setting forth new and dramatically different paradigms that help break the traditional mindset of the people. Each workshop will comprise of a set of improvement projects taken up by cross functional teams. The team leader will be responsible for ensuring completion of the pending action points after the workshop as well.
Line staff including process in-charges, supervisors and key operators will be involved at this stage. They will learn tools and techniques to do the projects and work on the improvement projects and get the results.
The improvements need to be sustained in order to deliver business excellence. For this processes need to be standardized in terms of equipment reliability, workplace management and error proofed systems. At this stage, we involve the operators, helpers, support staff through floor level implementation of techniques like 5S, Autonomous Maintenance, Planned Maintenance and KANZEN Quality model.
By the end of the program, the organization can expect the following:
- Common goal orientation through all layers of the organization thereby channelizing all improvement efforts in the required direction.
- Internal champions capable of identifying and managing implementation of improvement projects
- Continual improvement spirit and concepts inculcated into majority of the employees thereby facilitating rapid implementation of improvement projects as well as sustaining improvements through standard work practices.
- Significant process improvement projects completed leading to desired business excellence.